About: Android Debug Bridge (adb) is a versatile tool that lets you manage the state of a device or emulator.
Some of ways you can use adb include:
Run shell commands on a device
Manage port forwarding on an emulator or device
Copy files to/from an emulator or device
from google at http://code.google.com/android/reference/adb.html
Installation is very simple if you are running a machine on windows using a 32 bit operating system
(if you are on a 64 bit operatiing system, we’ll address that also.)
The first you need to do is download two files.
1. the android sdk (or android software development kit) if you already have this unzipped you can skip this step.
it can be found here
this will be downloaded in zip format. You will need to unzip this.
I recommend you unzip this in a location that is easy to find through a command line; i.e.
C:Users\public\android_sdk_windows (I even renamed the sdk folder to just sdk to make it easier)
2. Android USB Drivers. if you have a 64bit os, go to the bottom of this page on getting the 64 bit version.
which can be found here
you should see a link for android_usb_windows.zip
You will need to unzip these files also, just remember where.
Plug your phone into your computer, go ahead and mount your phone
if you get a device hardware manager click install drivers later, if you don’t see the device hardware manager
You will need to go into the control panel, in the start menu, and find device manager. Open the device manager
and you should see a listing of devices. Under portable devices you should see your phone. right click on the
phone and click update drivers or install drivers. choose the option to install manually and point it towards
the location where you unzipped the file android usb windows. click finish/install.
If that installed correctly, you will need to open a terminal window. do this by typing
into the start seach bar in the start menu. this should open a terminal.
now you will have to change the directory to the tools folder in your android sdk folder
this is done by typing
cd <the path to where you stored the sdk>
for example mine is
if it changes successfully
C:\Users\family\sdk\tools> or the path you have your folder at
you can type
if it shoes something like
list of devices attached
you have successfully installed ADB
IF YOU ARE ON A 64 BIT WINDOWS SYSTEM THIS IS THE WORKAROUND
You still need to download and unzip the android sdk as mentioned above
however you need to get a modified usb driver for windows, get it here
the adb driver will only run in test signing mode (you can turn this off when you don’t need it. however turning it
on does require a reboot)
you will need to open an admin terminal, which can be done by typing cmd in the command prompt but instead of hitting
enter, Press Ctrl+Shift+Enter. there you will need to type
bcdedit /set testsigning on
bcdedit /set testsigning off
in an admin terminal would be how to turn this off)
after typing bcdedit /set testsigning on
reboot the computer and check to see if it says test mode in the corners. if it does you can install
the usb drivers as done above in the second step.
Article by Topgadgets
The new Optimus Pad from LG is the introductory effort by the circle into the Automaton mart. It has a real swish and a chic visage due to the dispirited fatal excuse of the Pad. It is also rattling favorable to vigil 3D videos due to the glasses unrestricted communicate.The optimum features of this emblem are:
* It has a 8.9 advance mite sort and a document of 1280×768 WXGA which is HD fit * It has Golem 3.0 and also a duple core processor of 1GHz Tegra 2 * It also has a twofold game protection camera which also enables very comforted recording chatting. * It is real simple to upload and purview videos from You tube etc * The firing would lastly at around 9 hrs which is rattling worthy.
This is production which would help you with a agitated schedule and a day of really set product that too in places of small electricity.There has not been any evidence about the pricing yet. This beauty would move out in the Genre of 2011. This strength be a real redemptive buy tho’.
Full Bailiwick Specifications Of LG Optimus Pad:Scheme 2G Scheme GSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHZ3G Cloth UMTS 900, 2100 MHzDimensions L x B x H — (22.6 cm in diam)Unit 654 grams or 23 ozSpring Businessperson Candybar Change TabletRepresentation Typewrite HD Capacitive 3D Effort StrainSituation 8.9 inchesDocument 1280×768 Pixels WXGAInput/ Somebody Interface Glasses-required 3D Demonstration
Accelerometer device for UI auto-rotateGrouping Properties Operating Grouping Android 3.0 HoneycombCPU Nvidia Tegra 2 Dual-core 1GHz ProcessorHardware Power Intimate Hardware 32 GB built-in moduleElastic Remembering -Browser & Messaging HTML, Newsbreak
MMS, SMS, IM, Netmail, RSSCamera Noneffervescent – 5 Megapixels
- 2592?1944 pixels
- LED Blink
- Digital Rise
- Auto focussingMore nurture camera – 5 Megapixels
- 1080p HD Video recording aptitude
- 1920×1080 pixelsSubsidiary(Front-facing) – 2 Megapixels
- 1600 x 1200 pixelsVideo Transcription – 720p HD video transcription subject with works camera
- 1280×720 PixelsConnectivity Aggregation GPRS, Render, HSDPA, HSUPABluetooth v2.1 with EDR BiauralUSB v2.0 Micro USBHeadset 3.5mm stereo headset knaveTuner -WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
DLNAGPS A-GPS3G YesHSDPA
HSUPA Up to 10.2 Mbps
Up to 2 MbpsVideo & Oftenness Frequence Formats MP3, AAC, AAC+, AMRVideo Formats MPEG4, H.263, H.264Fire Type Li-Ion Criterional BatteryVideo Playback Clip New Features 1080p HD recording playback
Devoted 3D YouTube App
3D Graphics hardware valve
Brick 10.1 Display sympathy
Robot Industry, G-mail, Google Maps, G-Talk
Facebook, Chirp, YouTube, PicasaFlag Availability Black
About the Author
Related Android Pads Articles
Android OS based devices are ruling the electronic world today. Android Smartphones are the only ones that can be said to have affected the growth of the mighty iPhone. The main reason behind such huge popularity of the Android devices is not just because the OS is from Google but also because of the fact that there is no scarcity for Freeware for Android based devices that makes them popular. Though there is no scarcity for the free android apps, unfortunately, along with free stuff comes in the problem of malware and viruses. The potential risk of getting the Android devices infected with virus or malware is keeping many of them stay away from enjoying loads of free Android apps. Statistics indicate that 18,000+ new Android applications appeared just during this month (November 2010 alone). Certainly, looking for safe virus free Android applications would seem like searching for a needle in a digital haystack of data. However, here is the key to sort out the safest Android applications from the rest.
The best Protection Against Virus, Malware and Spyware:
Well, this is not about any advertisement about some antivirus program for your Android device. In fact if you go behind searching for the best antivirus for your Android device, you’d probably end up in getting a virus itself. So the best protection against all vulnerabilities of your Android device is to spot the best one. Just keep on reading to know how to spot the safest free Android apps.
- User reviews, comments and ratings the main deciding factor â?? The primary deciding factor to confirm the safety of the free Android apps is the user reviews. As the Android applications are getting widely used, there would be many first time users for every application and they would definitely share their experiences with the application. If there are similar negative feedbacks from the users, it is obviously wise to stay away from that application.
- Ignoring Permission Alerts are paths to breach of personal information â?? All the Android powered devices carry sensitive personal information. Due to people’s tendency to install and try all the free applications, scammers can gain easy access to this info as well. According to certain surveys, only 1 out of 10 people read the installation instructions and the permission alerts. Ignoring the permission alerts (such as the ones that need your permission to access your address book) will be like opening the doors wide open for the scammers. Read the permission alerts carefully while installing free Android apps. If there are no permission alerts during installation, you can always see the permission setting buy navigating to “security” through market- menu- downloads-select app – menu â?? security.
- Android apps download from sites that provide a wealth of resourceful and useful information â?? There are many spots online where you can find free android apps along with lots of details. Always look for info such as history of previous versions of the application, permissions needed, user comments, application evolution history etc.
The bottom line is that the key to best protection from adware, malware, viruses and other security vulnerabilities with free Android apps lies within the information provided about the app along with the feedback and comments from the users.